Harborough Feathers intend to start club nights for the 2021-22 season at Welland Park School from Friday 27th August 2021.
In these exceptional times club nights must follow the latest Badminton England and government guidelines to maintain safe sessions during the pandemic.
The main points are as follows:
- New members should contact us before attending a session.
- Members should not attend sessions with any symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have been asked to self-isolate.
- It is strongly recommended that members take a lateral flow test prior to attending sessions. Lateral flow test kits are freely available to order here.
- No handshakes or other gestures, players are advised to minimise sharing of equipment and hand sanitiser will be available to maintain hand hygiene.
- Social distancing is advised wherever possible during the sessions.
- Members of the committee will operate the sessions as COVID Officer(s) to ensure the guidelines are followed. You may be asked to leave the session if you do not agree to follow the guidelines.
- Only the COVID Officer(s) should prepare the courts and equipment, including posts, nets, shuttles etc.
Despite the measures above, all players should be aware of and accept the increased risk associated with taking part in our sessions during the COVID19 pandemic. By attending one of our sessions, you are accepting this risk.
Prior to attending a session, all players should familiarise themselves with the following:
- Badminton England Return to Play Guidance
- Harborough Feathers COVID-19 Risk Assessment
- Harborough Feathers COVID-19 Protocol
- NHS Coronavirus Symptoms and Guidance
Please speak to one of the committee members, or send us an email if you have any questions or concerns.